This fruit salad recipe is my new go-to for summer parties. It’s easy, pretty, and since it’s naturally sweetened with a honey-lime glaze, you can feel better about yourself and your kids indulging in this sweet summer treat.
Perfect Summer Dessert
The best summer desserts are light and refreshing. You don’t want anything fussy or heavy before you jump in the pool or play at the beach. So this fruit salad fits any summer occasion perfectly. What I love most about this recipe is its simplicity. No complicated steps, only 5 ingredients, and you can throw it together in 10 minutes. Best of all, it keeps me from buying a frozen pie with unhealthy ingredients because I need something quick for a party and didn’t plan ahead.
Maybe this happens to all moms, but my first thought when trying to decide what dish I’m going to take to a party is- “what will my kids eat”. I know that parties come with lots of desserts and lots of dishes that my kids may not like. This is a great way to ensure that they will at least eat some fruit at the party and these berries will give them a nice (probably needed) boost of antioxidants.
Bonus: it’s gluten free, soy free, and peanut free. So it’s perfect when you are unsure about who is coming and if they have food allergies. This is also an easy dish to have the kiddos help you make. They can help wash the fruit, mix the glaze, and taste test, obviously.
- 1 Pint Of Blueberries
- 1 16oz Package of Strawberries
- 2 Limes
- 4 Bananas
- 1/4 Cup of Honey
- 1. Wash all of your fruit.
- 2. Cut strawberries into halves (or fourths for little ones).
- 3. Slice Bananas.
- 4. Combine fruit into a large bowl.
- 5. Cut limes in half (roll on the counter before cutting to get the most juice out).
- 6. Add Juice from two limes and 1/4 cup of honey into small bowl-whisk together.
- 7. Pour honey-lime glaze over fruit, toss gently.
- 8. Eat Immediately or Cover and Refrigerate.